- The Harry Potter actor really is a wizard. Of rap:
- From the reddit files, here’s a classic comment thread illustration battle between /u/AWildSketchAppeared and /u/Shitty_Watercolour, in response to a video short that I have to admit still makes me laugh. Reddit isn’t all trolls.
- Of particular relevance to me personally, and totally unsurprising to me, Piano Tuning May Actually Change the Brain. Of course, this might only apply to tuners who tune aurally, as the brain clicks over to this weird puzzle-pattern/listening mode when you’re tuning completely by ear.
- Of course, piano players also have different brains. P.S. – there’s a bit of Valentina Lisitsa in that article. Love her so much.
- And finally, how friggin’ cool is it that NASA has a page dedicated to science fiction space technology terms for writers?
Speaking of writing, who’s doing NaNoWriMo this year? Don’t listen to haters. Don’t read those shitty blogs bitching and moaning about how everyone and their brother is a “writer” now, and how “you’re not REALLY an ‘author‘ unless you are paid to write,” blah blah fucking blah. Chase those words, my friends. Make imaginary people (or cats or aliens or bookends or whatever) dance to your whims. I’ll see you on the other side of it! (Yes, that’s CC-code for “I’m actually working on shit and I’m going to do the NaNo dance, too).
OH SHIT I ALMOST FORGOT!